Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Zach Black Interview with Crypt Magazine

by David Necro

Photos courtesy of Zach Black



On the surface, Zach Black doesn't seem to fit the stereotype of a Satanist. Blond hair, blue eyes, clean cut, and no black robes or black eye makeup in sight. And no, he doesn't live in a gritty industrial town like Detroit or Oakland. But, as they say, it's what on the inside that matters. And the beast is within, boils and ghouls. This cat knows his shit and he's got years of experience to back it up. We caught up with Zach to chat about what else, Satanism, Szandora, and everything in between such as his cool new network here on the web, Satanic International Network.

David Necro: Why are you a Satanist?



Zach Black: I identify myself as a Satanist because the philosophy resonates with me. I read the Satanic Bible at the age of 13. And it just seemed to fit with what I already felt and how I perceived the world. I was kinda lost at that time . I did not really feel as if I fit into any religion or other philosophy . Satanism just seemed to work. It is the best reflection of how I feel and perceive the world around me.



DN: Why do you feel it is the best reflection of how you feel and percieve the world around you?



ZB: As the common saying goes, "Satanism are born and not made." It's just the way I percieve life.



DN: Can you tell our readers why Satanism over anything else?



ZB: Honestly I have not bothered to look into all that many other religions or philosophies. Of course I am familiar with the basic principles of the more popular religions. But I never pursued any intense study of them. Any religion or philosophy that is theistic in nature I avoid. Satanism being a philosophy based around indulgence and practical experience seems to make most sense to me .



DN: Why does Satanism make the most sense to you?



ZB: Satanism just seems to work. It's the most accurate depiction of how I naturally feel.



DN: Did you have another religous belief (for lack of a better term) before Satanism?



ZB: I was raised Catholic . But not really in a strictly Catholic home. I was raised by my mother who claims to be catholic but only goes to church on like christmas mass once a year. My father who I saw infrequently was very catholic . I was forced to go to church when I was with him every Sunday. I found church to be creepy. Holding hands with strangers. Kneeling and praying. The singing and chanting always spooked me out. I felt very uncomfortable in Church . I hated it even as a child. About the age of 10 or 11 I started to refuse to go . Although at the time I still believed in ' God' I had had enough the Church . This caused serious issues between me and my Father. My father ended up moving out of state shortly after and I have not stepped foot into a church ever since. It was around the age of 12-13 that I stopped believing in God. This is a common age when a lot of people develop an interest in the Occult . I think probably because this age is really when people start developing a sense of self and logic function. Matched with a raging Libido some of us turn away from the herd.



DN: Regarding your religious beliefs before Satanism, so you think 13 is a prime age for people to get into Satanism? Why is that?



ZB: Well, I've noticed that right around the age of puberty for some reason it seems like a lot of people develop interest in Satanism or the Occult. That's when you start to be independent, start to think for yourself, and start to break away from oppression.



DN: Well, is 13 a lucky number in Satanism, or is there no such thing?



ZB: I don't really see any relevance or significance to the number 13. I think it's to do with phsyical and mental development to kind of turn away from the herd at that point.



DN: There's several forms of Satanism, which do you subscribe to?



ZB: I consider myself a ' self-styled Satanist' . I am an atheistic Satanist. I came from the LaVeyan school of Satanism. But I would not call myself a LaVeyan Satanists. Although most would peg me as such. I take what works for me from the LaVeyan school and discard the rest. I dont believe in Magic and Ritual. And I think some of LaVeys Satanic rules of the earth and Satanic Sins are silly or impractical.



DN: You don't believe in magic and rituals? Why is that?



ZB: I do believe in the principles of lesser magic which are more along the lines of psychology and understanding. The human motivation and personality. As far as greater magic goes and ritual, I have not  practiced that for well over 10 years. Greater magic is more a form of psychodrama, and I think it's wishful thinking. It might have an effect on the magician practicing it; a sense of building confidence and help



to focus direction.



DN: Have you been to or participated in a Black Mass?



ZB: No, I have not. Actually, I haven't done any group ritual. But, all the greater magic rituals are private rituals that I've done.



DN: Now would you say Satanists are more aggressive go-getters than not?



ZB: I would say Satanists are more practical. They focus more on self-indulgence, than dreams and illusions. I would say that yes, more go-getters.



DN: What is the Satanic way, and how do you apply it to your day to day living?



ZB: For me the Satanic way is living life to the fullest. Concentrating on the here and now . Finding happiness and fulfillment in your life. Breaking free of the moral dynamics and societal restraints that keep you bound to there rules. I practice this in life by doing what I want . I limit my societal obligations to a bare minimum . I try and detach myself from the system that tells you ,you need this to be happy and respected.



DN: So what have you been doing lately?



ZB: Well I created a social networking site for Satanists called Satanic International Network. It is the largest and most active network for Satanists ever. I created this network to be a networking hub for Satanists. No longer is there a need to join a ' church' or any other organization simply to meet like minded Satanists. No longer do you have to listen to some dumb dick high priest ,reverend,magister or grand poo- bah fancy pants tell you how cool he is .  Satanic International Network is simply a networking hub devoid of pretentiousness ,ranks,titles and hierarchy . As of October 2011 there are about 2200 users. From all over the world. Free to join . You can created your own profiles and blogs. Upload pictures and videos. Participate in the open discussion forums. Chat live in the video chat room . This is IT, ladies and gentlemen. THE place to be if you are a Satanist seeking out like minds and comradery amongst your peers on the Path.



http://www.satanicinternationalnetwork.com

DN: Ok, what does that do for you, and what does it do for others?



ZB: Giving us an outlet to exchange ideas, to learn from each other. It's a great social outlet to meet other Satanists.



DN: You've rubbed shoulders with Satanic celebs like Szandora LaVey snd Rev. Thomas Thorn. You have a story about Szandora that you wanted to share...



ZB: I came across Szandora LaVey on our radio show, The OOZE. I was on there with her on her show called 'Satanic Witchery.' She was talking about being a Satanic witch. I then talked to her on Facebook and what not, and she was in Hollywood for



a photo shoot. She contacted me and asked if I wanted to meet this guy named Father Larry. He was friends with Anton LaVey. Father Larry was in the documentary about Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan. Anyway, I met up with Szandora in Hollywood.



We had a couple of drinks, hung out, and talked about the Church of Satan and stuff like that. Then we went to where Father Larry was at. It was weird. Like this compound that had all of these shrubs and high fences all the way around. In order to get in you had to buzz in and say the magic word.



Everything in the place was from the 1960s except for the TV and computer. And I got to meet Father Larry. Father Larry recently produced a documentary called 'Iconoclast.' He's a really, really nice guy. The biggest Satanist I've ever seen, man. The guy's like 6'6"-6'7" and well over 300 pounds.



Giant man. We talked about the film, which he gave me an autographed copy of. Szandora LaVey and Father Larry, both of these people are good people. Szandora is the epitome of a Satanic witch.



DN: In your You Tube video about Venus Satanas, you said there's gonna be a new queen of Satanic videos. Who were you referring to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvFmVuh46WY

ZB: Well, there were a couple of contenders for a while. Venus Satanas isn't really a Satanist, she's more of a dark wiccan peddling Satanism for her own gain with her spiritual Satanism bullshit. Selling her incense, candles, and crap like that. But, I was hoping Szandora would step up and make some videos. It's unfortunate that the most popular female "Satanist" on You Tube is Venus Satanas. It would be nice if there's someone who's a real witch, who's a real Satanist like Szandora LaVey.



But, Szandora LaVey's pretty busy and has efforts elsewhere. Somebody will take the throne from Venus.



DN: Has Venus boxed herself into a corner so to speak?



ZB: Yeah, she exposed herself as being a hypocrite and a liar. She's really not that respected among Satanists much anymore. Except for her small ahndful of admirers and followers.



DN: Now there's also a guy that you made a video on, Venger Satanis.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkbFSra-CbA

What was that all about?



ZB: He's alright, man. He started the Cult of Cthulu which is kinda like Satanism with an H.P. Lovecraft twist on it. But various things happened, and it wasn't tongue-in-cheek anymore. He went on his messiah kick and kind of lost face in the Satanic community. But, to each is own.



DN: So that video is old and is not part in parcel of how you feel now. True?



ZB: Well, I still think the Cult of Cthulu is a joke. But, I buried the hatchet with Venger Satanis. We just agree to disagree and stay out of each others way.



DN: Anything else you would like to plug or promote?



ZB: The radio show, The OOZE, on Blog Talk Radio. It's a live radio show, we have everything from occult topics to special guest speakers.



For more on Zach Black:

http://www.satanicinternationalnetwork.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/satanicinternational

© 2011 Crypt Magazine. All Rights Reserved.