Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Zach Black Interview with Warlock Asylum

I became familiar with your persona by way of The Ooze. You have
definitely accomplished a lot over the past few years, but for our
readers who may not know who you are, how would you describe yourself?
  




         I
consider myself a ' self styled ' Satanist. I am from the LaVeyan school
originally . But now after meeting many other Satanist combined with
age and personal life experience my perspective has philosophy has
developed into something beyond LaVeyan Satanism. Something more
sinister in nature.The closest specific leanings I have at this point
would be ONA.



2. What sparked your interest in the occult, and more specifically Satanism?



    I was interested in magic and the occult from about the age of 10. I
never really swallowed the idea of ' God'. Although I tried as a child.
When I grew old enough to apply my own reasoning skills and stand up
against my folks I walked away from Christianity . Heavy metal was an
influence to . With the Satanic imagery and what not. Also this was back
in the late 80's. The hey day of the Satanic panic. So that kinda
peaked my interest as well. 





3. Over the past few years there has been an increased
presence in alternative forms of Satanic thought. In view of such, what
is your definition of a Satanist?


       My definition of a Satanist would be someone who can think
for themselves. Someone who does not need to be told what to do. Someone
who champions individuality and creativity. And lives life to the
fullest. Also someone that does not believe in imaginary friends for
adults. 





4. How did you become a Satanist?



    I was a runaway at the age of 13. I came across another runaway who
was a few years my senior. He carried around the Satanic Bible . I was
intrigued . So I read it . And it really resonated with me. The rest is
history .





5. How has this path benefited you over the years, and were there any obstacles that you faced along the way?



    Satanism has benefited me in a few ways. I think it has helped me
become a stronger man. It has increased my awareness of myself ,others
and the world around me. Satanism has helped me lose my illusions and
become more of a realist.



   Some of the obstacles I have encountered over the years have
mainly been in personal relations with friends ,family and lovers. I
have lost close people in all three fields by advertising the fact I am a
Satanist. Not to mention a few jobs. This is why I don't advertise
anymore. With the exception of online stuff. But I have recently been
outta in my area here in San Diego. But at this point down the road I am
not really to concerned about it anymore.





6. I would like to congratulate you on the success of the
Satanic International Network. Can you tell us what inspired you to
create the network?



    Thank you .  I created Satanic International Network to serve as a
networking hub for all Satanist to meet. I saw the limitations of
Satanic ' organizations'. Most having a specific hierarchy and asked for
money to be part of the ' elite'. Or the ' in ' crowd. I feel for that
shit when I was 18 and joined the church of Satan . You should not have
to call someone some fancy prefix and pay money to meet other like
minded individuals.





7. You are also involved with the successful internet radio
series The Ooze. How did the unique collaboration between The Ooze and
S.I.N come about?



     The creator and visionary behind the Ooze T.C. Downney ( Beastxeno
)  approached me on youtube. We developed a friendship . And over time
the Ooze developed new co-host and I was one of them for a while. 
Beastxeno also helped me create Satanic International Network . Without
his help it would not exist.

 8. Are there any projects that you are currently working on?



     Actually at
the moment I am just trying to promote the Satanic International
Network. It just reached its one year mile stone. Growing faster than
ever before. The network takes up most of my free time. I have a few
things on the back burner . But until I set the wheels in motion I would
just assume they do not exist. 



9. What advice would you give to those newly interested in the
occult, as well as, LHPers, Necronomicon Practitioners, New Agers,
Satanists, and the whole occult world in general?



      Read. Live life. Put into action . Not just talk . And most importantly find your own way . 




http://warlockasylum.wordpress.com/